Frequently asked questions about ultrasound services
Yes, you can! Just walk into any of our clinics with or without a medical professional’s note for your Obstetrics and Pelvic scan.
You’ll be given information about what to prepare for your ultrasound appointment during your consultation.
You may be told to:
– Drink water and not go to the toilet until after your scan
– Avoid eating before your scan
– Remove some clothing (and/or wear a gown) during your scan
Depending on how far along your pregnancy is, ultrasound images help your doctor:
– Estimate your due date
– See the position of the placenta
– See the size, position, movement, breathing and heart rate of the fetus
– See the amount of amniotic fluid in your uterus
– Find multiple pregnancies (twins, triplets, etc).
Ultrasound scans don’t have side effects and should be painless. If the scan is external then there may be some discomfort as the prob is pressed over your skin. If the scan is internal, then there may be some discomfort as the prob is inserted into your body.
Find a clinic
Ultrasound scans are available at all of our clinics. Find the closest centre to you.